Having the baton that is the right size for you is important. If youíre just starting out, having the proper baton will help you learn how to correctly handle batons. This will also help prevent injuries that can occur when youíre learning to twirl. Here are 5 steps to follow in selecting a new baton:
- Youíre going to need a tape measure. Using a tape measure is the most accurate way to get the right measurements you will need to determine what size baton you should purchase.
- Get a buddy. To get the proper measurements, youíre going to need a little help. Trying to measure yourself will yield an inaccurate number so it is key to find someone to help with the measuring.
- Extend one arm, parallel to the ground. Your body should be forming a 90-degree angle if you are standing correctly.
- Have your buddy place the tape measure at the base of your neck as they unroll the tape all the way to the end of your extended armís middle finger. Have them write that measurement down in inches.
- Batons are available in inch lengths, so browse Star Line Baton Company's Online Catalog or find a distributor to purchase a baton corresponding to the length your buddy wrote down earlier.