Baton twirling is a fun and creative sport. What sets good twirlers from great twirlers is how creative they can get during their performances. Here are instructions for two tricks to incorporate into your next performance to give you a creative edge:
Double Leg Roll
- Hold the baton in your right hand as you lift your left leg as if you are marching, thigh parallel to the ground, knee bent so toe points to ground.
- Place the back of your right hand firmly under your left leg, mid-thigh, and roll the baton over your leg (make sure it is making contact with your leg the entire time)
- As it goes over the top of your left leg and nears the vertical position, quickly switch legs so your right leg is raised in march position. (The baton should continue rolling smoothly over your right leg. )
- Reach your left hand under your right thigh to catch the baton as it finishes rolling over your leg.
Left Backhand Release Double Knuckle Pop
- Start with a low left hand back hand release.
- Just before the baton rotates to a horizontal position on its second revolution, place your right hand, palm down, in the path of the baton.
- As the baton rotates, push your hand upwards just a bit, popping the baton off your knuckles into a low aerial.
- As the revolution concludes, place the right hand in the path of the baton again to repeat the pop.
To get tricks done properly, you have to start off with the right equipment! Browse the Starline Baton online store or find a baton distributor for all your Orlando baton twirling needs.